Errol made an enormous contribution to social justice and unionism:
- Labour economist at Brandon University – 30 years
- Brandon Labour Council – 30 Years
- Brandon City Councilor – 12 Years
- Brandon University Faculty Association – 30 years
- Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives – MB – Founding Member
- Author of many monographs, reports, and CCPA-MB FAST FACTS
- Co-author of Building a Better World: an Introduction to Trade Unionism in Canada
- Wrote extensively on the bitter BUFA-BU strike in fall 2011
In 2011 Errol was diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis – commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s disease). He passed away in November 2012.
Jim Silver wrote an obituary that describes Errol’s approach to life and friendship. You can read the obituary here.
Errol was a prolific writer and researcher. He wrote numerous books, reports, and Fast Facts. Many of his Fast Facts have been compiled into a reader, available from the CCPA-MB office.